PBIS Banner and Model Schools Project
The Connecticut PBIS Model Schools Project recognizes schools for successfully implementing school-wide systems for Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) and using their data to ensure diminishing racial disparities, continued improvement and systematic fidelity. Criteria for recognition are based on effective implementation of key features, a focus on decreasing the over representation of referrals with students of color and demonstration of continuous improvement constructed from data. Congratulations to the 2017-18 Banner and Model Schools.
- Davenport Ridge Elementary School (Grades PK-5) Stamford, CT
- Preston Plains Middle School (Grades 6-8) Preston, CT
- Windermere School (Grades K-6) Ellington, CT
- Meeting House Hill School (Grades 3-5) New Fairfield, CT
- Grove J. Tuttle School (Grades 3-5) East Haven, CT
- L.W. Batchelder Elementary School (Grades PK-8) Hartford, CT
Please visit one of the Model Schools!
Each Model School has planned a schedule that highlights the essential features of PBIS for planning and implementation in its school. Agendas will vary slightly depending on implementation variability and grade level. Each visit will include the following: a tour of the school; time with PBIS team members and the school administrator; a package of materials related to PBIS implementation, including a history of PBIS in the school and a review of data and outcomes from PBIS; and an opportunity for questions. Visitors are encouraged to go to the site that will meet their individual needs by considering location and grade level. Visits can be scheduled directly with the school through December 2017.
Model Sites Demonstration Schools :American School for the Deaf: PACES Program
“A Program That Can And Will Evolve As We Go Along”
- Grades PK-12
- 139 North Main St, West Hartford, CT
East Hampton Middle School
“Respectful, Responsible, Compassionate, Proud”
- Grades 6-8
- 19 Childs Road, East Hampton, CT
Model Sites Banner Schools:American School for the Deaf CORE Program
“Respectful, Responsible and Safe”
- Grades PK-12
- 139 North Main St. West Hartford, CT