Through competitive grant processes coordinated by SERC, on behalf of the CSDE, the following six schools were selected in spring 2015 and 2016 to participate in the PBIS Implementation project.
- Wilbur L. Cross School, Bridgeport
- Keigwin Middle School, Middletown
- Naugatuck High School, Naugatuck
- John C. Mead School, Ansonia
- Westside Middle School Academy, Danbury
- Franklin H. Mayberry School, East Hartford
Each school receives on-site, job-embedded professional learning over three years modeled on the SERC PBIS process. The professional learning experience is scheduled using the general outline noted below:
- Year 1: Installation of Core Practices & Systems (including data management) – 10 days of assistance at mutually agreed-upon times and days.
- Year 2: Initial Implementation of Tier I and Training and Installation of Tier II Supports – 7 days of assistance at mutually agreed-upon times and days.
- Year 3: Full Implementation of Tier I, Initial Implementation of Tier II Supports and Development of Tertiary Supports – 5 days of assistance at mutually agreed-upon times and days.
More information on Welcoming Walkthrough.